Sunday, August 17, 2008

What do you want to do? Cache, of course!

8-16-08 Today was a family day to cache the west side. We stopped first at the old VFW Post 1114, a sentimental stop for us. I made that find first and the fire was lit. We moved on to "River of Light" which was an overpass near Bristol-Myers. The most interesting thing about that find was that on our way back to the van I stopped to take a photo of an interesting metal plate in the ground. J approached and realized that it was a geodetic waypoint marker. Well, how about that! I just stopped because I thought it was cool looking and I wanted to remember its' design for making a personal stamp (think letterboxing, oh no!). How perfect was that?! Heading west from there, we found several others before heading to G's first soccer game. I. had a back to school extravaganza that evening so the rest of us went to Olive Garden and the mall. The moon shone full tonight, a beautiful ending to a great day.

No comments: