Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rose Hill

8-1-08 We were a few minutes early getting to NB for I's dr's appt. so we made good use of our time by finding a cache in Rose Hill Cemetary. I know some of the Martin family is buried here, but we're going to have to set a date with G-pa Martin to come back and show us the gravesites. He's on the cemetery board for St. John's/Rose Hill.
This ended up being a good chance for me to show the kids the memorial to unborn children located near the exit of the cemetery. Pat and Paul dedicated a memory stone to the children that Jim and I lost through miscarriage here. (Really, it was placed after our first miscarriage, but it has come to represent all of them to me.) The kids didn't really remember that I had miscarried, of course, so it was a good way to share with them this part of our family history. I certainly wouldn't want to dwell on it, but I also think it's important for them to know that there is pain in life, but God gives us the strength to endure and the hope that it takes to embrace life.

No comments: