Saturday, August 2, 2008

Geo-rassic Park...Pamela the Camela finds a new home

7-27-08 I had to travel to Louisville for business, but I was not going to pass up the chance to drop Pamela the Camela all these miles from where we picked her up. Mind you, my co-workers thought I was crazy, but they allowed me to drive them around several city blocks until we got close enough to the coordinates to walk. We set out in some fairly easy terrain, but soon found that we needed to enter some very overgrown trees/bushes/weeds. They decided they'd come close enough so they stayed on the treeline while I bushwacked my way into a semi-open, but very challenging area where the coordinates seemed to indicate. I searched and I searched and I searched some more. My co-workers were hollering at me from the outside and I really thought I was going to have to come out empty-handed. Oh, was I dreading that; I took a deep breath and thought, "Where would I hide a cache in this mess of branches, limbs, rocks, and weeds?" About that time, I saw a suspicious looking area and VOILA! I found it! I was never so happy to find a cache. My co-workers got all excited then and wanted to see it, but not bad enough to come in so I made my way out to share in the fun of opening the box. We made some trades and placed Camela in her new hotel. I got to thinking, how perfect is this? Pamela wanted to be near other camels and this cache is just outside the Louisville Zoo. That's great stuff there. I find ONE cache in this big metro area with no idea where I am going and I end up here. Ha! Happy travels my friend, happy travels.

No comments: